Tooth-colored composite resin fillings are today’s alternative to traditional silver amalgam fillings for cavities. Composite fillings are strong, enduring, and discreet due to their tooth-colored appearance, which blends in with your natural teeth. If you’re not keen on flashing a mouth full of metal every time you smile, composite fillings from Proffitt Dentistry in Maryville, Tennessee, could be the best choice for you.
Advantages of Composite Resin Fillings
Appearance is only one of many reasons to choose tooth-colored composite resin fillings. Here are a few more:
- Composite fillings are composed of composite resin material mixed with quartz glass or ceramic fillers. They contain no metal or mercury and pose no risk to your health
- Composite fillings have the strength and durability to endure years of biting and chewing. With proper care, your filling can last a decade before needing to be upgraded
- In addition, composite resin fillings can be used to repair minor chips or cracks in your teeth, cover stains or fill in small gaps between your teeth
- Composite resin fillings harden quickly and form a tight bond with your teeth, sealing out infection and strengthening their structure
- Less drilling is required to place composite fillings, so more of your tooth remains intact to make it less susceptible to breakage
- Composite fillings can reduce tooth sensitivity. The resin material insulates your teeth against hot or cold foods and drinks
- Composite fillings are repairable. If your filling suffers minor damage due to tooth grinding or excessive chewing, Dr. Profit can repair the damage rather than replace the entire filling. Over time, however, your filling will need to be replaced in order to retain the protection it provides against decay
Given the many advantages of composite fillings, it’s not surprising many people are turning to this modern tooth cavity filling procedure.
Prompt cavity filling is key to restoring tooth health and preserving your smile.
To schedule an appointment for composite resin fillings, contact Proffitt Dentistry serving Knoxville, Gatlinburg, Seymour, Tellico, Alcoa, Vonore, Lenoir City, Madisonville, and Maryville, TN, at (865) 432-0804.
Share this Article