At Proffitt Dentistry in Maryville, TN, we appreciate natural beauty. After all, we are surrounded by it! And, when we talk about being surrounded by natural beauty, we are not just referring to the Great Smokes, a stone’s throw away. Along with his team, Dr. Proffitt partners with patients to keep their teeth and gums feeling, functioning, and looking great. Should some aspect of your smile be marred by disease or damage, there is peace of mind that our dental procedures will rebuild teeth in a way that looks like natural teeth. No “toothy” veneers or “false” teeth here!
Dentistry that is “cosmetic” in nature focuses on rebuilding tissues to mimic the attractive appearance of the healthy structure. Patients elect to have these strictly cosmetic procedures done. The “foundation” of our tooth may be healthy. But, perhaps, aesthetic flaws such as dark stains or chips are present. Dr. Proffitt has the experience and training on advanced techniques and technologies to enhance your smile with:
- Professional tooth whitening – If you have otherwise healthy teeth and gums, you may be a great candidate for this method to whiten teeth that work. We may customize trays to fit your mouth. Once filled with prescription-strength whitening gel, powerful ingredients are safely and evenly delivered to your teeth. With this option, you can gradually whiten your teeth from the comfort and convenience of home.
Cosmetic bonding – Also known as “direct veneers,” bonding is a process that replicates enamel that has been chipped or is otherwise flawed. We remake tooth enamel with a durable and safe composite resin material. The resin is matched perfectly to the color of your teeth. Dr. Proffitt uses his skills to place and shape the resin, a putty-like material on the slightly prepared tooth. Depending on your needs, he may recontour an irregularly shaped tooth, cover up gaps between teeth, or disguise chips and other imperfections.
- Prepless veneers – These “indirect veneers” are made from a superior dental material: porcelain. Dental porcelain is sought after for its properties; it seamlessly replicates natural enamel. It is both strong and stunning. Moreover, it resists stains. The same conditions that can be addressed with bonding may also be addressed with veneers, and only the material is not applied and shaped directly to your teeth. Instead, the shell is made in a lab to your specifications. The completed veneer is placed on the front surface of the teeth. Since we use conservative techniques, natural enamel remains intact. This approach supports comfort and eliminates the risks of sensitivity associated with altering enamel.
Cosmetic dentistry meets restorative treatment
Other dental procedures at our office are primarily restorative. You need these treatments to resolve active decay or disease or other conditions that threaten your oral health. Our restorative offerings are as natural-looking and attractive as they are strong, healthy, and long-lasting. Treatments include:
- Metal-free, tooth-colored fillings
- Porcelain inlays, partial crowns, and full-coverage crowns
- Discreet orthodontics with clear aligners
- Aesthetic-pleasing tooth replacement with dental implants
Get your confident smile back! Contact us today at (865) 432-0804 to schedule your appointment.